Are you moving to the Houston, Texas, area? While you might not be able to beat Houston’s infamous traffic, H-Town is the place to be. Home to NASA, the Astros, and Beyonce, Houston boasts a thriving food and culture scene.
Ready to make the most of your new home in Houston? Find the best broadband providers in Houston through KonectEaze.
Choose from 13 Houston internet options as you settle into your new place.
- Viasat: This satellite internet provider covers ZIP codes 77011, 77035, and surrounding areas, reaching speeds up to 60 Mbps.
- Hughes Net: Hughes Net is another satellite provider in Houston that offers speeds up to 80 Mbps to 77212, 77063, and adjoining areas.
- Spectrum: Spectrum offers internet through a cable connection, with speeds up to 50 Mbps.
- AT&T: This DSL internet service provider has a wide reach in Houston, with speeds up to 12 Mbps. AT&T also offers AT&T Fiber to the Houston area with speeds up to 1,000 Mbps.
- Suddenlink: This Houston internet provider offers speeds up to 50 Mbps with unlimited data options available.
- Xfinity: Xfinity offers cable internet with speeds up to 25 Mbps to Houston residents.
- Grande: Grande Communications has unlimited data options and download speeds up to 300 Mbps.
- Windstream: This DSL internet provider offers packages with zero data limits and speeds up to 100 Mbps.
- Earthlink: Servicing over 90% of Houston, Earthlink offers several packages. Half of all Houston residents may qualify for its 1,000 Mbps, unlimited data plan.
- Rise Broadband: Rise Broadband’s wireless service operates in 6 Houston ZIP codes with average speeds of 5 Mbps.
- En-touch: En-touch covers 84 ZIP codes in the Houston area, with download speeds ranging from 115 Mbps to 1,000 Mbps.
- GHz Wireless: With speeds up to 50 Mbps, GHz’s fixed wireless service covers most of the Houston area.
- ERF Wireless: ERF Wireless covers 6 ZIP codes in the Houston area. It’s perfect for people interested in casual internet browsing, with speeds up to 0.7 Mbps.
What is considered high-speed internet in Houston?
The right download speed depends entirely on how many people are in your household and how much data you need. A 25 Mbps plan would be high-speed to people interested in casual web surfing. But for video streaming or video games, 60 Mbps or more is ideal.
How much does internet cost in Houston?
The total cost of your high-speed internet package will differ by provider and what features you’ve rolled into your package. On average, you can expect to pay around $50/mo for internet in the Houston area. However, for higher-speed options or TV and phone add-ons, you can expect $100/mo.
What internet providers have unlimited data in Houston?
The plans available to you depend on your ZIP code. Viasat and Hughes Net offer unlimited data to certain areas in Houston. Choose a plan to see if you qualify for unlimited data.
How to find the right internet package
Step 1: Choose your internet speed
- Regular browsing
- Music streaming
- Best for 1 person
- Video streaming
- Casual gaming
- Best for 1-2 people
- Ultra HD streaming
- Frequent gaming
- Ideal for 2-4 people
- Simultaneous HD streaming
- Simultaneous gaming
- Ideal for 4+ people
Step 2: Decide on the best tech. Providers deliver internet to your new Houston digs in a few ways. Pick the technology that fits with your data needs and location
Step 3: Pick a plan
Houstonians can choose from 13 providers for high-speed internet service through KonectEaze. Pick a plan that makes the most sense for your internet needs, budget, and area.
Who is the best internet provider in my area?
3. Hughes Net
Don’t see what you need? Contact KonectEaze
Our friendly, US-based customer service representatives are here to make shopping for internet a breeze.