Updated: February 21, 2020 Congratulations on getting your XFINITY subscription! But signing up for the internet service is just the beginning; the conquest of installation lies ahead of you! Of course, you can always go pro and call in a tech agent to do the dirty work for you, but that’s going to cost you money.
24 February, 2020 | Posted by:
Category: Internet Deals & Packages | No Comments
Updated: February 21, 2020
Congratulations on getting your XFINITY subscription! You probably had to choose between several internet service providers like AT&T, CenturyLink and Spectrum. But signing up for Comcast internet service is just the beginning; the conquest of installation lies ahead of you! Of course, you can always go pro and call in a tech agent to do the dirty work for you, but that’s going to cost you money.
If you’re on a tight budget, we’ve put together a guide to help you out. So without further ado, let’s go to XFINITY and beyond!
To self-install XFINITY internet, you have to ask your internet service provider for a self-install kit. Don’t worry, it’s free of cost! Once you get your hands on the kit, start cataloging the items in it so you know that you have everything you need:
· xFi Wireless Gateway—a device that serves as a router and a modem.
· Cables—power, coaxial, and Ethernet cables to link your gateway to your devices and electric outlet.
· The guide book.
· Other documentation—company policies and various other terms and conditions.
· Return instructions—details on the return policy on your existing XFINITY equipment.
Now that you have your kit assembled, let’s start installing it!
1. Get your coaxial cable and plug it into your wall socket. Rotate it clockwise until it’s nice and tight!
2. Plug in the other end of the cable into the xFi Wireless Gateway socket.
3. Find the power socket on your Gateway and plug the power cable in; the other end goes into the wall socket.
4. Now, your online connection light should be flashing. Wait for about 20 minutes for it to stop.
Voila! You’ve installed your XFINITY connection! Now, let’s activate it so you can go online!
Depending on which route you take, your activation process can vary:
If you’re using the XFINITY xFi mobile app, you can use it to activate you xFi Pods and Gateways via both iOS and Android devices. For those using an internet browser, just Google XFINITY.com/activate and follow the easy steps on the website.
If you’re using XFINITY internet for your TV, you can activate the service directly from your TV.
Lastly, you can also call their customer support to help you activate your XFINITY internet services.
And if all else fails, you can always call us. Our customer service representatives will answer all your internet service related queries and guide you in the right direction. Moreover, if you’d like to explore more Internet service providers in your area, we can help you do so in a matter of minutes!