Frontier Communications and Rise Broadband are two of the biggest internet providers. But which one is better? Click here and find out!
Frontier Communications vs. Rise Broadband: Which Internet Service Provider Should You Choose?
Since its inception, the internet has grown in leaps and bounds. During the coronavirus pandemic, the internet has made it possible for people to stay connected with friends and family during stay-at-home orders and continue to work remotely.
If you're hunting for an internet service provider, it can be an overwhelming process. There are over 2,674 internet service providers in the U.S.
This article will seek to compare Frontier Communications against Rise Broadband in multiple different categories.
Rise Broadband vs Frontier Communications
About 9 in 10 Americans use the internet on a regular basis. That's over 90% of all adults in the United States!
Global internet users are even more astounding. Over 55% of the world's population has access to the internet. That equates to around 4.2 billion people.
To access the internet, all these people must sign up to an internet service provider. It’s tricky finding a provider that’s best for you, though. There are a lot of different factors you need to consider before deciding.
If you’re curious about whether Rise Broadband or Frontier Communications would be best for you, keep reading!
A fixed wireless provider, Rise Broadband was once known as JAB Broadband. It covers 16 states, ranging across the Midwest to the Southwest regions of the United States.
Rise Broadband is the largest of the fixed wireless providers. There are over 200,000 people who use their services.
How Much Does Rise Broadband Cost?
As far as a fixed wireless provider goes, the prices that Rise Broadband has fall into the mid-range. However, as far as overall internet service providers go, Rise Broadband is more on the expensive side for slower speeds.
For example, you can expect to pay more for slower speeds than you would with a cable provider.
Its cheapest plan starts at $42.95 per month. The most expensive plan that Rise Broadband has is $72.95 per month.
What Plan Packages Does Rise Broadband Have?
Rise Broadband has several plans that are priced according to the internet speeds you want. Before you decide, you'll want to take careful stock of how often you and others in your household use the internet.
Ask yourself several important questions. How many devices use the internet at the same time in your household? Are you and your family members streaming shows and doing video conferences? Do you need higher speeds to accommodate your gaming habits?
All of these factors will have a direct impact on how much download speeds you truly need. A person living alone who only uses their internet to check their emails won't need high internet speed.
Here are the package plans that Rise Broadband is offering at the moment:
- Economy Internet Package - This is the lowest tier of their available packages. You get up to 5 Mbps for internet speed and will pay $42.95 per month. This is ideal for a person who lives alone and doesn't use the internet often.
- Preferred Internet Package - You'll pay $52.95 per month for the Preferred package. This will give you up to 10 Mbps in internet speed. The Preferred package is best for a small family that uses the internet in moderate amounts. If you have multiple people using devices at the same time to stream shows, you may experience some lag.
- Breakout Internet Package - The Breakout package starts at $62.95 and will get you speeds up to 15 Mbps. If you're a family of four who use the internet often, this may be the best package for you. It will allow for regular streaming of your favorite Netflix show, while someone else attends a Zoom conference.
- Breakout Premier Package - This package starts at $72.95 per month. With the Breakout Premier package, you'll get speeds up to 20 Mbps. This is the ideal package for a family of heavy internet users. It should allow multiple people to stream and browse the internet at the same time with few to no lag problems.
What Is the Internet Speed for Rise Broadband?
The internet speed for Rise Broadband varies depending upon the package you choose.
The cheapest package, the Economy, will get you 5 Mbps. This is enough speed to allow a single person to use their device to browse the internet and stream shows.
The most expensive package is the Breakout Premier and it will get you internet speeds up to 20 Mbps. This speed is enough to allow a family to use their devices at the same time to game and stream shows.
How Reliable Is the Service With Rise Broadband?
Rise Broadband has a customer recommendation rating of 39.6% on BroadbandNow. While this might seem low, once you take into consideration the fact that the majority of all internet service providers have a far lower scoring, this starts to look good.
Internet service providers are notorious for poor customer service and satisfaction. However, Rise Broadband seems to be putting in the work to become a real heavyweight contender as a viable option to cable providers.
A Rise Broadband outage doesn't occur often. They happen even less so than what you might find with a traditional satellite internet service provider.
This means that in terms of service reliability, Rise Broadband is doing great.
What Is the Customer Service Like With Rise Broadband?
Read several Rise Broadband reviews and you'll notice there are both good and bad reviews.
Rise Broadband isn't perfect, but neither is any internet service provider. As previously mentioned, internet service providers have a bad reputation when it comes to making their customers happy.
When looking through reviews, the most common complaint that Rise Broadband has is that customers have to wait on hold longer than usual to speak with a representative.
Frontier Communications offers both broadband and fiber internet. If you've been stuck with using dial-up or satellite, then the higher internet speeds that Frontier Communications offers will be a welcome upgrade.
Rural areas that are far from any cities are often stuck using satellite, and sometimes only have one option available. Frontier Communications has made great strides in expanding into these areas to help provide people with additional opportunities to decide between internet service providers.
How Much Does Frontier Communications Cost?
With Frontier Communications, you're able to get high-speed internet for a decent price. You can expect to pay less than you would with a satellite or fixed wireless provider, as well as get better speeds.
To break it down, you're able to get more for less with Frontier Communications when you compare it against many other internet service providers.
The cheapest plan is Simply RiOS and it starts at $29.99 per month. The most expensive plan that Frontier Communications has is the Simply FiOS Gig Service, and it starts at $74.99 per month.
What Plan Packages Does Frontier Communications Have?
Frontier Communications offers three different fiber plans. All three have unlimited data. Each plan is priced based on the internet speed you want.
- Simply FiOS 50 - This is the cheapest plan that Frontier Communications offers. It starts at $29.99 per month. You'll get speeds up to 50 Mbps and unlimited data. This is the ideal package for the average family that uses the internet often. You'll be able to have multiple people using their devices at the same time to stream shows, browse the internet, and more.
- Simply FiOS 500 - The mid-range plan, you get speeds up to 500 Mbps if you select this plan. For this plan, you'll pay $39.99 per month. If you or someone in your family is a Twitch streamer who games often, you'll want to go with this plan. These high speeds will eliminate any lag and allow for quality, high-speed recording, and live streaming.
- Simply FiOS Gig Service - This is the most expensive plan that Frontier Communications has. You'll pay $74.99 per month for internet speeds up to 1,000 Mbps. If you or others in your family work remotely and consist of heavy internet users, you'll want this plan. These speeds will allow for several people to attend Zoom meetings or face-time on Facebook with family members. Others can enjoy gaming and streaming their favorite show at the same time. This is the ideal plan for tech lovers.
What Is the Internet Speed for Frontier Communications?
The internet speed for Frontier Communications varies depending upon the plan you choose. No matter what plan you choose, they all have unlimited data, so you never have to worry about hitting a data cap and seeing reduced download speeds.
The slowest speeds that Frontier Communications offers start at 50 Mbps. The highest speeds you can get with this internet service provider jumps up to an astounding 1,000 Mbps.
How Reliable Is the Service With Frontier Communications?
There are mixed reviews when it comes to the reliability of Frontier Communications.
Some reviews state that the speeds are great and they rarely, if ever, experience any disconnects. However, there are just as many reviews citing the opposite, that the speeds never match what is advertised and disconnects multiple times a day.
What Is the Customer Service Like With Frontier Communications?
This is the one area that Frontier Communications needs to put in some serious work at.
Frontier Communications scores at the very bottom in terms of customer service, which says a lot when internet service providers are notorious for their poor customer satisfaction. There are reviews upon reviews of angry customers citing that Frontier Communications hikes up prices without communication, slow internet speeds, disconnects, and that the customer service representatives are unhelpful.
Summary of Findings
When it comes to Rise Broadband vs Frontier Communications, you might consider going with Rise Broadband.
Your choice will depend upon what’s available in your area, however. Rise Broadband has far better marks when it comes to customer satisfaction, whereas Frontier Communications has some serious work to do in that department. You’ll pay more for slower speeds with Rise Broadband, but they’re also far more reliable.
To search for other internet service providers in my area, please feel free to use our directory.